Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My life in 10 Years

Hi everyone! Well.... I actually have no idea where I will be in 10 years. This is surprisingly a tough blog because I am somewhat of a day to day person. I have a few ideas and goals that I would like to see myself accomplishing in the next 10 years, but who knows.
One of the most important things that I would like to accomplish would be to have graduated from Physicians Assistant school (for those who have never heard about PA's - they are basically a step below a Doctor- have their own patients, etc. ) I have always wanted to work in the the medical field. I am fascinated at the idea of helping people who are sick get better. I am especially interested in working in the neonatal unit of the hospital, dealing with premature and distressed infants. I have always loved children and babies, and hopefully in 10 years I will be working to help them.
I'm not really sure where I see myself living in 10 years. I really like city life, so New York or DC would really interest me. However, I have always wanted to live in Boulder, Colorado. Basically, I would like to live in an exciting place where I can work as a PA.
I do see myself eventually settling down and having a family. I would love to be a mother one day. However, will I have a family in 10 years? hmmm ... not sure yet. I eventually would love to have a large family. I love the movie "Cheaper by the Dozen" and the chaos of their hectic, but fun lifestyle. I never want to have a dull moment in my house, no sir. Whether or not I have a family in 10 years, I will have a dog. I am sure of that.
One of the most important things I would like to do in the next 10 years is to go to Africa and take part in medical mission trips. This is a big one for me. I have been wanting to do this for years. Hopefully, this dream will happen soon.
Who knows where I will be in 10 years. It is a tough one, but it's fun to think about.

No comments: