Thursday, March 27, 2008

Togo Africa

Next fall I am going on a medical missions trip to Togo, Africa. I am very excited and and grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this. I am going on this trip through my church at home. Several students from MUSC, Doctors, and Physician's Assistants are going on the trip. Togo is a thin strip of land situated in West Africa. I have wanted to be involved in medical missions for a long time, and finally have the opportunity to go. For about 2 years, I have been interested in joining the Peace Corps in Africa. I feel that this trip will be a stepping stone. I also have a passion for medical missions and hope that one day medical missions will be a large part of my life and career. I am a health major and am applying to PA school in the fall, so medicine is the career path that I am seeking. I think that this trip will be an eye opening experience and will give me clinical experience in a different environment. I look forward to this experience and can't wait to get going!

No comments: