Tuesday, March 4, 2008

REsponse to Presentations

I thought all of the presentations were very interesting. Each of the presentations stuck out to me in various ways. The presentation about Trans fat was very interesting to me because I am a Health Sciences major and have taken Nutrition classes. Ever since hearing the presentation, I have been obsessive about double checking nutrition labels on food to see if it contains "partially hydrogenated coconut oil". Surprisingly, everything that says it contains "Zero Trans Fat" actually contains the partially hydrogenated oil which means that it has Trans Fat. This just makes me more careful about what I eat. I also liked the presentation about Hershey chocolate and how to taste chocolate. I didn't know that chocolate was like wine and the taste should be savored. Also, I didn't know that Hershey's anniversary was coming up. The presentation about mules was extremely entertaining, as well. The graphics on the slide show were hilarious and the way that the information was presented was very interesting. It taught me a lot about the importance of mules. I thought it was interesting to know that one of my classmates has trained mules. The presentation on obesity and physical activity in adolescents was also interesting. One of the topics that we discuss pretty regularly in my major is how to solve the obesity epidemic in this country. The statistics and ideas for solving the problems were interesting, as well. Overall, the presentations in the class were all very interesting. It is always interesting to see the various topics that people present on and how everyone has different interests.

No comments: