Monday, February 25, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

Today I had my mock interview to practice for a job interview that I will be having this summer. I am applying for a job as an Emergency Tech at a hospital in Charleston, and the mock interview focused on this particular job. I eventually want to attend PA school, so I need a job that can give me firsthand clinical experience in the medical field. I thought the interview was very helpful. I was able to practice being confident and calm during the interview. Mrs. Rogers asked questions regarding the type of positions I had held in the past, what previous experience I had in medical care, what I am studying at Clemson, etc. I felt like the interview went smoothly like a normal conversation. I have had interviews in the past with other summer jobs, but have never had to interview for a position in the medical field. The questions that Mrs. Rogers asked me helped me to feel more prepared about the types of questions I may be asked when I actually interview at the hospital. I also had my resume and cover letter critiqued with some helpful hints on how to make them more effective. I thought the interview was fun, not scary at all, and it was very helpful in allowing me to have some practice for my actual interview.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it wasn't scary! I hope that your real one will be similar because that means you'll likely get the job. You did great!