Sunday, February 3, 2008

Helpful Articles about Interviews

The first article that I read dealt with asking the interviewer questions. You should always say "yes" when the interviewer asks if you have any questions. This simply shows your interest in the job. It also gives you a chance to "show off" your knowledge of the position that you are applying for. In my case, I would want to show my interest in attending the PA program at MUSC and would want to show that I had researched the school and new about the program. I would not want to ask questions about when our break is or how hard the exams might be. I would ask, 'How would you describe the ideal PA student?'
The other article that I read gave some tips on how to be relaxed for the interview. You should arrive about 1o minutes before the interview, but not much earlier because you do not want to cause yourself to worry. You should also relax so that you can appear as a confident candidate for the position. You should show your interviewer how calm and confident you are. The article also gave advice on how to relax yourself. It gave tips such as taking deep, slow breaths, sitting up straight and not crossing your legs or arms, speaking slowly, and keeping your jaw relaxed. Also, smiling is very important.


No comments: